=> Download the speakers abstract
- Dr. Kari Alitalo, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
"VEGFs and receptors involved in angiogenesis versus lymphangiogenesis"
- Prof. David Baltimore, California Institute of Technology, CA, US
"Control of NF- k B through the IKK kinase complex"
- Prof. Mariano Barbacid, Spanish National Cancer Center (CNIO), Madrid, Spain
"CDKs and the cell cycle"
- Prof. David Barford, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
"Structural basis for activation of B-RAF by oncogenic mutations and PKB/Akt by phosphorylation"
- Prof. Philip Cohen, MRC, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
"Targeting protein kinases for the development of anti-inflammatory drugs"
- Prof. Sara A. Courtneidge, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA, US
"The involvement of Src and its substrates in cancer cell invasion"
- Prof. George Demetri, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, US
"Treating the Kinase Signaling Addiction in Solid Tumors: Lessons Learned from GIST as a Paradigm of Molecularly Targeted Therapy"
- Dr. Doriano Fabbro, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Multitargeted kinase inhibitors: an old concept with a new name?"
- Prof. Jim Fagin, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
"Role of MAPK pathway oncoproteins in thyroid cancer pathogenesis and as drug targets"
- Dr. Pascal Furet, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Protein kinase inhibitors by design"
- Dr. Carlos Garcia-Echeverria, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Blocking the IGF-IR/PI3K survival signaling pathway in cancer cells"
- Prof. Susan Gasser, Friedrich Miescher Institute For Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"ATR kinases at sites of DNA damage"
- Prof. Mike Hall, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
"TOR signalling and control of cell growth"
- Prof. Carl-Henrik Heldin, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
"Signaling via receptors for PDGF and TGF-beta - possible targets for tumor therapy"
- Prof. Tony Hunter, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA, US
"The history of the kinome and its use to develop inhibitors"
- Prof. Nancy E. Hynes, Friedrich Miescher Institute For Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Targeting the ErbB receptors in cancer"
- Dr. Sandra Jacob, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Structural biology contributions to tyrosine kinase drug discovery projects"
- Dr. Heidi Lane, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"A review of the potential of mTOR inhibitors for the treatment of human cancer"
- Prof. Alexander Levitzki, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
"Targeting the EGFR and the PKB pathways"
- Prof. David Livingston, Dana-Farber Cancer Insitute, Boston, MA, US
"Kinase shRNA screening in fresh, primary human ovarian cancer cells"
- Prof. Nick Lydon, Granite Biopharma LLC, Wilson, WY, US
"From CGP57148B to STI571 and finally Glivec/Gleevec - the birth of a mechanism based cancer therapeutic"
- Dr. Paul Manley, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Development of Nilotinib (AMN107): A drug designed to combat imatinib resistance "
- Prof. Alex Matter, Novartis Institute for Tropical Disease (NITD), Singapore, Singapore
"Kinases as drug targets in infectious diseases"
- Prof. Frank McCormick, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center and Cancer Research Institute, San Francisco, CA, US
"Kinase targets in the Ras pathway"
- Prof. Adrian Merlo, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
"Translating biology into clinics: the case of glioblastoma"
- Prof. Peter J. Parker, CRUK, London Research Institute, London, UK
"Targeting the PKC superfamily"
- Prof. Tony Pawson, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
"Kinome signaling through regulated protein-protein interactions in normal and cancer cells"
- Prof. Thomas M. Roberts, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, US
"Targeting PI3 kinase in cancer"
- Prof. Joseph Schlessinger, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, US
"Cell signaling by receptor tyrosine kinases: from bench to bedside"
- Prof. Bill Sellers, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc., Cambridge, MA, US
"Linking somatic genetics alterations in cancer to therapeutics"
- Prof Radek Skoda, DKBW, Basel, Switzerland
"Mutated JAK2 and myeloproliferative disorders"
- Prof. Michael Stratton, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
"Screen of the full protein kinase gene family for somatic mutations "
- Dr. George Thomas, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati Medical School, OH, US
"Targeting TSC with RAD001: The TSC1/2 tumor suppressor and proto-oncogene heb in mTOR signaling"
- Prof. Axel Ullrich, Max-Planck-Institut für Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
"Mining the oncokinome 20 years plus: per aspera ad astra of cancer therapy"
-Prof. Victor Velculescu, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, US
"Genomic analysis of human cancer"
- Dr. Jürgen Wagner, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
"Protein kinase C inhibition: a novel approach to prevent solid organ rejection"
- Prof. Owen Witte, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, US
"Modeling prostate cancer progression and therapy by tissue regeneration"
- Prof. Michael B. Yaffe, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, US
"A novel cell cycle checkpoint kinase pathway that integrates global stress responses and DNA damage"